Monday 8 July 2013

Fashion Foundation; Taster Day; Under the Microscope

calcareous phytoplankton
radiolarian
scale from a kettle
the scales of the wing from a peacock butterfly
euplotes protozoan
The first design project of the fashion foundation course is called 'under the microscope'. I don't think many people notice just how much goes on around them especially in the microscopic world, this project will allow me to view just how beautiful the unexpected can be, I will begin by looking and researching designers that have based their work on the theme of microscopic images. Along side that I will be collecting my own resources and specimens to inspect under the microscope when I return from the summer break, in September. From there I shall develop my idea's to eventually create a layered dress from my findings.
(images from here)

No comments:

Post a Comment