Sunday 10 November 2013

Made In Britain

Earlier this week, I was given my new brief to design a menswear tailored jacket&trousers with one accessory (a bag), based on the 1900-1940 period. The designs must be based of racing (motorcycles,horse,aviation,car etc) and have a modern twist to suit the modern man. I started my research by heading to vintage shops& seeing how vintage menswear was made, examples of pockets,buttons,shapes etc. This could then inspire my personal designs, for example my choice of fabrics and shapes
Aswell as visiting vintage clothing shops, I went to the North West Transport museum to have a look at the vehicles and transport that was around in that era:
You can see more of my images on pineterest: LINK HERE
Idea's gained; colours, logo's, use of fabrics, tweed, vintage buttons, leather, embossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment