Monday 24 February 2014

Made In Britain; Calico Bag Prototype

By creating a prototype of my bag design in fabric I could gain a realistic feel of the bag would be and make any changes to wherever was needed. The are several things I am going to change after completing this prototype these being;
- Side panels need to be longer.
- Strap width needing to be smaller.
- 4 D rings instead of 3
With this I now have the correct measurements and idea's to create my paper pattern and begin constructing my final bag.
SIZES
front & back | 52cm x 42cm
straps | 5cm x 80cm
base | 42cm x 10cm
sides | 52cm x 10cm
In terms of fabrics I am using a faux leather and grey velvet as well as silver toned D rings and a black zip.
The back piece and straps of the base will be cut in the velvet and the rest in faux leather to create not only colour contrast but texture to.

No comments:

Post a Comment