Friday 17 January 2014

Made In Britain; Jacket Deconstruction

Initial image of jacket before any changes.
Second jacket before any changes.
Lining of pocket detail.
Inside of jacket with lining removed.
Shoulder detail after lining was removed.
Back of jacket with lining removed.
Layers of facing and wodding on shoulders.
Second jacket with facings removed.
Neckline/collar detail in jacket.
Lining when removed.
First change: - Repinned the pockets inside out. - Changed collar&button locations.
First change: neckline detail.
Second change: - Contrasting sleeve.
Contrasting front jacket created from two.
Change three: Adding collar detail from longing fabric and relocating pockets.
Change four: Using the shoulder padding a to create a new neckline and elbow patches.
Fifth change: adding length to the jacket.
Adding contrasting pocket and collar details.
Turning up the hem fabric allowed a two tone look which I'd like to use in my final garment.
As I am planning to create a full length jacket I wanted to recreate this old jacket into a long almost mac shape.
Another collar detail idea.
Centre back satin detail just to add something a little different to a everyday jacket.
Contrasting under arm detail (could use a breathable fabric).
Sleeve detail of contrasting fabrics.
By de-constructing an already made jacket I have learnt how high of a standard I need my menswear two piece to be. Men don't usually buy 'throwaway fashion' as women do, they tend to buy less but aim for quality over quantity meaning the jacket can not be of a poor quality. As I am focusing on aviation I plan to use knee and elbow pad details, quilting and thicker fabrics to cater for my market. As well as the pocket location and lenght details.

No comments:

Post a Comment