Friday 28 March 2014

Made In Britain Concept Video

For my collection concept video I wanted to create more of a mood or feeling rather than a planned story. I decided to feature a range of vintage looking imagery such as birds in mid-flight, fabrics, a male walking (to ensure a view knows it is for menswear) along with a few background scenes including the skyline at different times, woodland textures and rockery. 
In terms of shot I wanted to use a diverse selection of camera angles such as close up's, 


My choice of song was chosen due to its whimsical feeling, I liked how it gave a relaxed feeling to the video. Although the song it pretty modern and sang by a teenage boy his voice has a very vintage feel to it fitting in with my.

King Krule - Baby Blue.
For my opening shots I used a still image that I have used in my portfolio, the image features smoke clouds and a man’s leg that has being mirrored. 
The next shot was a clip I had recorded of the sun setting, it was a beautiful pinky sky which matches many of my portfolio pages (almost resembling smoke), as well as being a direct link to aviation/flight. I then shot a group of flying birds landing on an old looking building, the reason I did this was to portray this theme of aviation through my video and garments, however I did not want it to be quite as literal as recording a plane, instead I stuck with the theme of flight.
To change from shot to shot I used the dissolve technique, I liked how it was a subtle change rather than the images just changing really quickly.
 My next series of shots were based on texture, I included a lot of natural fabrics such as leather hides and fur. This was because of the British Racing brief, we were to use vintage/natural fabrics. I have features the fabrics in tonal blues as my colour story is blue (my garments will also be blue shades). I used eye – level shots for this clips as I wanted to keep the filming quite natural alike to the textures.
Continuing with the flight theme I then filmed small birds however this time the birds are trapped in a small metal cage, by switching between the bird clips to the tree’s I think it adds emotion as the birds should be free& flying.
Keeping with the outdoor theme I then inserted a clip of sunlight hitting a series of metal steps, the sunlight is very bright and once again adds the idea of nature being involved in my design research.
These shots were filmed as a point of view shot, creating the feel that the viewer themselves are looking up at the tree’s or walking along side the metal railing with the sun hitting their face.
 From the blue colour story to green natural earthy tones, I featured a clip of a male walking in a vintage tweed coat, I reversed the clip in time to the music to create something a little different, I used a slightly higher speed for this section as well as the model being an age of the target audience for Made in Britain.

The map clip is to symbolise aviation again, as I have features a lot of map backgrounds in both my designs and portfolio. The short section with the Polaroid camera is just to add something a little different to the film rather than just textures and feelings. I plan to use Polaroid’s within my final shoot therefore linking each of my projects directly.
I used a few cutaway shots during this section of the video as the male was walking away then reversed creating quite a interesting look, I also timed this to fit the flow of the music.
As I had previously used a section of clips with the birds and sky I wanted to create almost and opening and closing scene therefore I continued with the bird clip yet involved small sections of reversing the clips in time to the music before it slowly dwindling out to the end credits.

Overall I kept quite a slow and steady pace to the film as I wanted to make the view feel relaxed as casual as the garments themselves shall be. I am very happy with how my film has turned out and believe it do create the mood and feeling I was hoping for, therefore I have achieved what I aimed to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment