Tuesday 11 March 2014

Made In Britain; Final Illustration

For my final illustration I didn't want to create a block looking image, therefore I hand drew/painted a male figure of a man I could imagine wearing my garments. Once I had drew my figure out I used pastel coloured watercolour paints to achieve a relaxed washed out look. I then scanned my sketch in and used illustrator to sketch around certain aspects of the man's face, just to add detail. I then copied this into photoshop and began to digitally add paint/dye swatches and a small smoke effect. I feel my illustration adds a mood to collection, making it feel almost calm and sophisticated in terms of neutral colours and natural tones.

Overall I have enjoyed looking into menswear and stepping out my comfort zone to create designs and garments for the opposite sex. I think it takes a completely different mind set to design for a male body as they are so different to a females. As well as this men do not purchase so much throwaway fashion as women do, they buy quality therefore the standard of my garments are much higher.
I think I have learnt a lot for the Made In Britain brief& enjoyed looking into all elements of menswear fashion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment