Monday 10 March 2014

Made In Britain; What is trending?

Whilst completing the Made in Britain brief, looking into current menswear trends& high end collections was a ongoing study. This was to enable myself as designer to gain inspiration & know if my Made in Britain designs would actually fit in/sell to my target audience. Whilst researching I could gain idea's based on the many shapes, colours, trends and statement pieces within menswear.
In terms of colours, menswear is kept quite classic with just slight hints of colour, nothing to much. Examples of this would be neutrals such as white,cream,grey,black & navy. Very popular colours for the previous seasons were also statement blue, raisin/marroon shades &mustard tones. 
(images via; StyleCab
A popular (& one of my favourite's) trend for A/W13 was tonal blocking; 
(images; Casely Hayford AW14) 
As well as extremely oversized garments such as jackets, coats & jumpers;
(images; Topman AW13)
Other popular tends included; Sports trims, Fabric Blocking, Winter florals, Parka jackets, Lots of leather, Chunky knits, Vintage shades of green & red as well as dropped shoulder detailing and layering.
In terms of designers/collections as few of my favourites &inspirations were;
(images via. Pinterest)
| Paul Smith AW13 |
| Sandro Menswear |
I really enjoyed looking in detail at menswear fashion as I think it can be a little overlooked sometimes, I find it particularly interesting in how its the little details and touches that make a suit or jacket different and allows it stand out from the crowd. I am pleased with my design as I believe I have took quite a few trends into my personal designs such as, oversized shapes, dropped shoulder elements, small details to enable high finished as well as my chosen colour pallet, I have used natural shades of blue, grey and neutral whites/creams.

No comments:

Post a Comment